- Abandoned Residential Property Municipality Relief Program Grant: The village's applicaton that was submitted to the Illinois Housing Authority for $75,000.00 was awarded in February of 2017 for the maintenance of abandoned residential properties. This grant provides for the maintenance of properties as well as demolition costs for residential properties that cannot be saved.
- I294 Tollway NB on/off Ramp Feasibility Study: The feasibility study was granted to Christopher Burke Engineering and is being funded through the Surface Transportation Program (STP). The feasibility study is for the creation of I294 tollway ramps in the Village of Justice. The completion of the study is anticipated for late 2017 or early 2018. Funding for Phase II Design Engineering, in the amount of $2,000,000.00, was awarded throught the Southwest Conference of Mayors STP Program.
- Illinois Jobs Now Program: Roadways for reconstruction include 86th Avenue - 71st to Archer; 73rd Place - Cork to 86th Avenue; 85th Avenue - 79th Street to Tollway; 85th Court - 79th Street to Tollway. The project will proceed in phases. Phase I includes all roadways listed above but does not include the intersection of 75th Street, 86th Avenue and Archer Road. All final plans for Phase I have been approvedand K-Five Construction Corporation was awarded the bid. Phase I construction has commenced. Phase II of the project consists of the realignment of 75th Street, 86th Avenue and Archer Road. Design Engineering is currently in the works.
- Village of Justice LED Street Lighting Project: This project consists of updating the street light fixtures located along the main arterial roads(79th Street, Archer Road, Roberts Road and 88th Avenue), to new LED fixtures. The Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity (DCEO) had reserved funds in the amount of $82,972.50 for this project.
- Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Project# 1606-016: 80th Street/87th Avenue Project - On August 18, 2016, Cook County approved $200,000 in grant funds to reconstruct 80th Street from 87th Avenue to 86th Court, and 87th Avenue from 80th Street to the tollway. Engineering is anticipated to begin in late 2016.
- Frontage Road Sidewalk Project: The Village of Justice was awarded $151,800 through the Surface Transportation Program (STP) to construct sidewalks on the north side of Frontage Road from Oak Grove Avenue to Garden Lane. The Illinois Department of Transportation has approved the proposed plan and engineering is estimated to begin in 2017.
- Remediation of 8801 W. 84th Place: Friends of the Environment, a not-for-profit organization, has agreed to remediate the abandoned gas station located at 8801 W. 84th Place in Justice. Currently the Underground Storage Tanks (UST's) have been removed along with the pumps. Soil Boring have been taken and results have been submitted to the State. Permission has been granted by the Illinois Environmental Protection Agency (IEPA) to commence with the project. Remediation of the site is anticipated to begin in June or July of 2016.
- Combine Communities Bike Path Project: The Village of Justice is working in conjunction with the neighboring communities and the Active Transportation Alliance in an effort to create a bike path along the I&M Canal, that would ultimately link Justice, Willow Springs, Bedford Park and Summit.
- 79th Street Drainage Improvement Project: The 79th Street Drainage (Lining) Improvement Project consists of cleaning, repair work and lining of existing drainage structures on 79th Street from 88th Avenue to Roberts Road by the Illinois Department of Transportation (IDOT). This project is included in IDOT's FY2017 Annual Improvement Plan and a contract letting is anticipated for June 16, 2017.